4 Days Tanzania Camping Safari : A low-cost 4 Days camping safari to Tanzania’s Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater offers a fantastic chance to visit some of the continent’s most famous wildlife locations without breaking the bank. These places are well-known for their breathtaking landscapes, profusion of animals, and distinctive cultural experiences.
Camping in simple tents and preparing meals over a campfire are common aspects of a low-cost camping expedition in Tanzania. The immersive and genuine experience offered by this kind of safari still enables travelers to fully immerse themselves in the African bush.
Overall, a low-cost 4 Days camping safari to Tanzania’s Lake Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see some of the most magnificent wildlife in its natural habitats and discover the customs and cultures of the local people.
A cultural trip at Lake Eyasi is also included in this 4 Days short and affordable Tanzania camping safaris. This inexpensive camping safari in Tanzania will take you to Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park, and Lake Eyasi, which is inhabited by a tiny band of Bushmen. Affordable Short camping safaris in Tanzania begin in Arusha at around 8:00 to 8:30 in the morning and go through the city to Lake Manyara National Park.
HIGHLIGHTS: 4 DAYS TANZANIA CAMPING SAFARI
- See an amazing wildebeest migration (depending on the time of travel) In the Serengeti Plains,
- Discover a huge variety of species, such as the big cats and the “big 5,” which are the lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, and rhino.
- Observe a range of bird species, including ostriches, secretary birds, herons, and migratory birds, as well as stunning scenery.
- Visit the secluded Lake Eyasi, home to a small community of Bushmen, and the Masai settlement in the Ngorongoro Highlands, and engage with the inhabitants there.
- Discover the historic Ngorongoro Crater, whose 600-meter-high walls are regarded by many as the eighth wonder of the world.
TRIP STYLE: 4 DAYS TANZANIA CAMPING SAFARI
Comfortable and private: You will be traveling in a private 4 x 4 safari Land Cruiser with photographic roof thatch window seats, guided by a knowledgeable local safari driver guide who will find all the creatures on your list, both large and small. Additionally, a private chef will build your tents and cook all of your meals for you, making this a stress-free safari where you won’t have to worry about those things.
If you have any favorites that you would like to repeat, feel free to stop by the kitchen. We offer chairs, tables, mattresses, tents, and pillows. Although we generally advise bringing your own sleeping bag on the trip, you may still hire one in Arusha for a fair price. You will spend the night at campgrounds that are open to the public, where you will share restrooms with other campers.
For suggestions or changes to this 4-day, short Tanzania camping safari, get in touch with our safari experts. If you would like to combine hiking the Kilimanjaro with a Zanzibar beach vacation, please let us know your preferences.
A DETAILED ITINERARY: 4 DAYS TANZANIA CAMPING SAFARI
Day 00: Arrival Day
At the Kilimanjaro or Arusha airports, our safari manager will meet you and transport you to your hotel. After checking in, you will receive a thorough safari briefing before being allowed to unwind and take in the pleasant ambiance of Arusha.
- Dinner and Overnight at Runako lodge, Arusha
Day 1: Arusha to Lake Manyara, and Lake Eyasi
Following breakfast at your hotel, the driver guide and chef from Focus East Africa Tours will meet you in the lobby and start driving you to Lake Manyara National Park for a game drive via Arusha city. Manyara Park is situated in the most stunning wildlife region of Tanzania and features a sizable, shallow salt lake that occupies nearly two-thirds of the park. It also lies at the base of the western escapement of the Great Rift Valley.
Numerous animal species are drawn to the park’s rich and diverse habitats, including herds of buffalo, zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, warthog, African elephants, the renowned Lake Manyara tree-climbing lions, and huge numbers of flamingos drawn by the lake’s green algae. Meal will be served in the park as a packed meal. Drive over the Great East African Rift Valley in the late afternoon, so you may pause to take some lovely pictures of Lake Manyara and its forest before beginning your journey to Lake Eyasi.
A local guide will accompany you as you tour the Datoga tribe’s “blacksmith” homes after your arrival at Lake Eyasi, so you can learn about their way of life and get to know the adults and children. After seeing the blacksmith, take a stroll along the lakeshore at dusk before returning to your campsite for dinner and the night.
- Dinner and Overnight at Lake Eyasi Bushman Campsite, close to the lake.
Day 2: Lake Eyasi to Serengeti National Park
On this day, a 4 Days short and affordable camping safari in Tanzania takes you on an early-morning hunt with a bushman and includes a brief lesson in survival techniques. The Hadzabe, Tindiga, and Datoga Bushmen of Lake Eyasi live in small groups and hunt with bows and arrows while subsisting on roots and wild fruits, much like early humans did.
Before leaving for Serengeti National Park, you will return to the campsite for a full breakfast. The drive there is along lovely, high-lying farmland in Karatu up to the main gate of Ngorongoro and across Ngorongoro Conservation Area at 2,300 m. At the Crater View Point, you’ll pause to get some fantastic shots of the Ngorongoro Crater floor from the rim. Then, take a trip down to Serengeti National Park, which is the epicenter of “wild Africa” and features infinite rolling grasslands. Before beginning your game drive on the way to the Seronera section of the center of the park, you can have your packed lunch near the Naabi Hill Gate or at one of the kopjes (rocky outcroppings). Game drive at dusk while looking for the Wildebeest Migration (assuming it will be in the Serengeti). Drive to your campsite in the late afternoon to eat and stay the night.
- Dinner and Overnight at Seronera Public Campsite, Central Serengeti.
Day 3: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
On the third day of your 4 Days camping safari in Tanzania, we take you on a game drive in the Serengeti at 6:30 in the morning. Prior to doing a game drive on the way to Ngorongoro, you will spend a lot of time in the Serengeti. During a morning game drive in the Serengeti, you might be able to see a cat family crossing the road to avoid the morning mist. A troop of lionesses planning a morning ambush, other predators returning from a long night of hunting, and other animals waking up in preparation for a new day are also visible.
If the Wildebeest Migration is in the Serengeti, you should head right there and spend a lot of time with the animals before beginning your game drive to the Ngorongoro highlands. Visit a Masai community en route to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (optional; additional cost of $50 per car), then continue to the conservation area to watch the sunset, have dinner, and spend the night.
- Overnight at the Simba Public Campsite at the Crater Rim.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
You will climb 600 meters into the crater floor as early as 06:30 for excellent game viewing. One of the natural wonders of the world is thought to be the Ngorongoro Crater. A diversity of animals, such as herds of buffalo, zebra, wildebeest, eland, warthog, hippos, African elephants, and the rare black rhino, are supported by the Crater’s year-round supply of water and food. This is one of the few locations in the world where black rhinos can be found in their native habitat.
The abundance of predators in this magnificent crater, including lions, cheetahs, jackals, hyenas, and the enigmatic leopard that requires binoculars to identify, is another allure. In the southwest corner of the crater floor, near Lake Magadi, a bigger but shallower salt lake frequented by herds of flamingos, hippos, and other aquatic species, after a picnic lunch, continue your game drive before returning to Arusha for the night or being dropped off at the Kilimanjaro International Airport in preparation for a late flight. (Accommodation on this day might be included upon request at extra cost.)
- Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch Included
Our short Tanzania camping safaris can be customized to longer days and can include other parks; just give us your preference.
PRICE: 4 DAYS SHORT AND AFFORDABLE TANZANIA CAMPING SAFARI
- $2,213 per person when one person travels alone
- $1,350 per person when two people travel together.
- $1,121 per person when three people travel together.
- $ 1,002 per person when four people travel together
- Single Room Supplement at Runako Lodge: $50
PRICE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 4 days of private Tanzania camping safari for 2 to 4 people
- 1 night accommodation in Arusha at Runako Lodge or similar on B/B
- Transport in a modified 4WD Land Cruiser with a photographic roof thatch and window seats for everybody.
- Service of a profession, a well-experienced local English-speaking safari driver guide, and a chef
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 5 litters of mineral water per person during game drives
- Tents, mattresses, pillows, chairs, and tables. Please bring your own sleeping bag.
- 3 nights of overnight stays in good canvas tents
- All game drives and activities as per the itinerary
- All park fees, including VAT
PRICE PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- Flight tickets
- Visa fees
- Sleeping bags can be rented in Arusha at reasonable prices upon arrival.
- Beverages and soft drinks
- Gratitude for the safari driver and cook (please tip them separately).
- All items of a person’s nature
- Travel Insurance
Kindly note that the price above is subject to change, so please get in touch with us to know the exact price for this tour at the time of booking. Either a private expedition or joining a group are options for this 4 Days Short and Affordable Tanzania Camping Safari. If you want to be a part of a group, send us your inquiry, and we’ll help you join a group. The same goes for those interested in a private tour!